One of the best things to do in Como?
You must visit :
The Como cathedral construction works, started under the supervision of Lorenzo degli Spazzi di Laino, did not finish until 1770 with the completion of the Rococo cupola by Filippo Juvarra.
The imposing west front was built between 1457 and 1498 and features a rose window and a portal between two statues of Pliny the Elder and Pliny the Younger natives of Como.
Como cathedral is 87 metres long, from 36 to 56 metres wide, and 75 metres high into the top of the cupola. Como cathedral has a Latin Cross floor plan with a central nave and two side aisles, separated by pillars, and a Renaissance transept, with an imposing cupola over the crossing. The apses and the choir are of the 16th century.
The Como cathedral interior has some important tapestries, and others of the 16th and 17th centuries, made in Ferrara,Florence and Antwerp. There are also a number of 16th-century paintings by Bernardino Luini and Gaudenzio Ferrari.
Como cathedral is not so far from our agriturismo bed and breakfast Il Talento nella Quiete.
by car 25 minutes
by bus 46 minutes ( c 20 bus-line)
by boat 24 minutes with speed-ship from Argegno village